Three siblings of the same
parents have been roasted in an overnight fire
which erupted at a mechanic village in Isolo
area of Lagos, Nigeria.
The fire was said to have erupted around
2:30am behind Jakande Estate, Oke Afa in Isolo
while people were sleeping.
It was gathered that there were houses and
shops situated at the mechanic village and the
children were sleeping in one of the houses
when the fire broke in the village.
Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe
said there were many shops, houses and
vehicles in the mechanic village.
According to him, the Fire Stations from Isolo
and Ikotun were mobilised to fight the fire, with
each station providing trucks with 10,000 litres
of water to fight the raging fire.
Fadipe lamented that the fire roasted three
siblings of the same parents in their sleep.
He gave the names of the victims as Christiana
12, Feranmi 8 and Pelumi 6.
Fadipe said a commercial bus loaded with keg of
petrol lost control and rammed into another
stationery vehicle which resulted in a big fire
that spread to the shops and other vehicles
He said the fire incident which started at about
2.30am in the morning of Friday completely
razed about 12 lock-up shops and 3 commercial
buses within the estate and the three children.
Meanwhile, Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi
Ambode has commiserated with the family of the
three children who lost their lives expressing
deep regrets over the unfortunate incident.
The Governor who sent a delegation led by the
Permanent Secretary in the Office of the Deputy
Governor, Michael Ola-Dawodu, noted that the
loss of any life is always painful, how much
more losing three kids to a preventable fire
“It is indeed an unfortunate incident and words
cannot really express our sadness as a
government over the loss of three innocent lives,
who have become victims of an incident they
know nothing about. It is indeed a pathetic
situation and we can only express our
condolence and commiserate with the bereaved
family over this incident”, the governor stated.